Wednesday 16 July 2008

True Love

Overheard in the Wally abode last weekend, while watching the TV broadcast of the Scouting For Girls set at T In The Park:

Mags (M): They’re doing the same song again.
Alien Wally (AW): No, they’re not! What song are you talking about?
M: The one they did a little while ago. I don’t know the words, but the chorus goes something like “na na na heartbeat!” It’s the same song… listen, here comes the chorus….

Band launches into a chorus completely different to “na na na heartbeat!”

Long pause as Mags assimilates this.

M: Well, it sounds the same. Different words, but it sounds the same.
AW: You know, it’s a good thing we’re not actually at T In The Park right now. You’d be singing “na na na heartbeat!” loudly, and there’d be an ever-widening circle around you as people back away slowly.
M: Ha!
AW: I’d be in your ever-widening circle, though. I wouldn’t abandon you. I’d have a video camera handy and I’d be taking a video for YouTube, but I’d so totally be in your ever-widening circle with you.

No comments: